Signup for our mailing list to keep current with
happenings in the San Diego Choral Community.
* * *
The Choral Consortium of San Diego is a service organization composed of choruses and individuals who support the choral art from throughout San Diego County.
The CCSD was founded in 2010 by leaders of area choirs, in response to a need for better communication and coordination among the choirs, particularly in scheduling concerts on non-conflicting dates. Benefits of working together became clear very quickly, including the opportunity to share resources, promote each other’s concerts, and develop community-wide programs to highlight the many opportunities to sing in choirs. In 2014 the CCSD incorporated, formed a Board of Directors, and became a 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization. Membership dues were instituted for choirs and later modified to include memberships for individuals, including music teachers and accompanists who can be listed as a resource for the choral community. The CCSD now has approximately 48 member choirs.
Our focus is exclusively promotion of choral singing in the San Diego region.
Today we provide the following services:
- Promotion of member choir concerts, auditions/open houses, and job postings through newsletters and social media
- Comprehensive web calendar for all member choir performances
- Bi-monthly member meetings including educational presentations and networking opportunities
- Community-wide performances such as San Diego Sings! Festivals, featuring over 20 area choirs performing in a single day, free for the public
- Discounted or free training classes through membership in Nonprofit Management Solutions
- Advocacy in support of the arts, especially choral music, in San Diego